You have just met with your operations user group and they want a new application. Last week, your meeting with field reps yielded the same request. Your budget is tight, and you can't add any more staff. Even if you could, where would you find a qualified team?
The development of new software applications is a key component in the quest to gain a competitive edge. So, it is absolutely imperative that the project is done right and within your budget and time requirements.
Compu-Vision understands the imperatives of application development. Our approach was engineered starting with the end product in mind? Robust, scalable applications delivered on time, on budget. How do we do it? We focus on the important things:
- On Time, On Budget - Cost overruns of anywhere from 100 percent to 200 percent are common in software projects (source: Andersen Consulting's Outlook). Compu-Vision offers a fixed-price, fixed-time approach, with stringent requirements and scope definition processes to keep the numbers in line and the timeline on target. And a change management process ensures communication about the impact changes will have.
- Quality - Product, process, and service quality are measured throughout the project lifecycle. We take that data and figure out how to further optimize our process.
- Project Management - The quality of project management can be directly correlated to a development initiative's success. Or failure. Our Project Management practices are based on the Project Management Institute's Project Management Body of Knowledge. Communication, risk management, and leadership are the keys in project management. We promote and ensure communication. We ensure there is a clear understanding of the business objectives and scope through the entire project team. We identify and manage project risks. Proactively. And most importantly, our Project Managers are leaders empowered by Compu-Vision to act in the best interest of the customer's success. And most of them are PMI-certified or are in the process of pursuing certification.
- Methodology - Ours is not a "one size fits all" methodology, because not all development projects present the same situation. Compu-Vision evaluates each project individually to determine which approach is the most appropriate and efficient. Then we modify our methodology, or framework, for each unique development project.
For most new application development, Compu-Vision uses its proprietary object-oriented, component-based methodology. This is an incremental, approach and is based on the recommendations from the Object Management Group (OMG), Unified Modeling Language for notation and the Rational Unified Process. The iterative nature of this methodology allows Compu-Vision to overcome the shortcomings of the traditional "waterfall" approach and helps to better align application development to business objectives.
The methodology addresses all aspects of these projects including roles and responsibilities, standards and procedures to be followed, tools to be used, products to be delivered during each stage of the project's life cycle, and the presentation format and content of each deliverable.
- Application Development (client/server, mainframe, web, wireless)
- Platform Migrations
- Requirement Validation
- Project Planning and Management
- Software Testing
- Quality Assurance
- Implementation Training